Last Updated: 1 August 2018
Music Box Direct, LLC is a company which endeavors to provide to you an enjoyable interactive experience in the new media space. It brings to you its sites, software, applications, content, products and other services.
1. Types of Information We Collect
At the outset, you are free to refrain from sharing your information with us. We may collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use Personal Information and Anonymous Information to create a third type of information, Aggregate Information. We may also collect information which may be Sensitive Personal Information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information;
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications;
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality;
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account;
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- Carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- Anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of Music Box Direct Services and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities.
2. How We Collect Your Information
Privacy choices you have made on the third-party site or platform will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our applications.
- understand what you like and use about our website;
- understand what you do not like and do not use on our website;
- provide a more enjoyable, customized service and experience, and
- help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers' interests and needs.
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. You may be required that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
3. Use of Your Information by Music Box Direct and its affiliates
A member of Music Box Direct and its affiliates, which includes many different brands, will be the Data Controller for your information. Other members of Music Box Direct and its affiliates may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications;
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications;
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your Personal Information outside Music Box Direct or its affiliates except in limited circumstances, including when you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting us via our email id, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us via our email id.
6. Children's Privacy
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Some of the features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we make best endeavors to take additional steps to protect children's privacy, including:
- Notifying Parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information.
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity.
- Giving Parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
7. Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
8. Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
10. Comments and Questions
Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information means information that relates to a group or category of guests from which individual customer identities or characteristics have been removed and it does not identify and cannot be reasonably used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our guests.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. In this context, the term "children" refers to individuals under 18 years of age.
Data Controller. The data controller is the subsidiary or affiliated entity of Music Box Direct, LLC that is responsible for the personal information collected from sites and applications.
Data Processor. A data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of a data controller (or data controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the data controller(s).
IP address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Member. Member means a subsidiary or affiliated entity that is part of Music Box Direct or its affiliates.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Parents. Parents mean a father or mother whether biological, adoptive or step father or step mother and includes a legal guardian on your behalf.
Personal information. Personal information means and includes information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) and Sensitive Personal Information. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our sites and applications may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information shall have the meaning ascribed to it under the applicable law and is presently defined to mean such personal information which consists of information relating to (i) passwords; (ii) financial information such as bank accounts or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; (iii) physical, physiological and mental health conditions; (iv) sexual orientation; (v) medical records and history; (vi) Biometric information; (vii) any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and (viii) any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise; provided that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal information.
Music Box Direct Companies. Music Box Direct Companies refers to Music Box Direct, LLC and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, which offer their products and services under various brand names. These companies engage in a number of businesses, including motion pictures and television, publishing, consumer products and interactive services.
Music Box Direct Company brands include, among others, the following: musicbox.direct
1. Accessing Your Registration Account
You can access and update the contact information you gave us during registration (that is, your postal address, email address, or any other information that would directly enable us to contact you) or delete your registration account, here – email@example.com
2. Accessing Your Child's Registration Account
To request access and update the information your child gave us during registration or to request that we delete your child's registration account, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Exercising Marketing Choices
To modify a general marketing permission that you provided when you registered and set up your account (or any later changes to that permission), please contact email@example.com, Following our receipt of your request to cease using your personal information for marketing purposes, we may require a reasonable period of time to update our systems to fully implement your request.
4. Choices for Subscriptions, Newsletters and Alerts
In addition to the general marketing choices managed above, you may choose to subscribe or unsubscribe to a number of communications covering a variety of topics.
Online Tracking and Advertising
1. Online Tracking and Advertising
We and certain service providers operating on our behalf collect information about your activity on our sites and applications using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons. Definitions for the tracking technologies listed, as well as information regarding how to disable them, are available below. This tracking data is used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites and applications; for example, remembering your shipping information for future purchases
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of our sites and applications
- Analyze traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties
We may associate this tracking data with your registration account, in which case we will treat it as personal information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online. Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications, but does not identify you personally and is not associated with your registration account. You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
2. Online Tracking Technologies
Examples of online tracking technologies include:
- Flash cookies. We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies, you won't have access to many features that make your guest experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.